I’ll admit that I am a creature of habit in the morning. I love my morning routine and it includes Coach’s Oats at least 5 days a week. Coach’s Oats, in my opinion, are the best tasting oats. They were created by an actual coach who developed a special “cracked n’ toasted process that is so unique it is patented. You can check out the entire story at Coach’s Oats.
Please follow and like us:
Doug's Daily Oats
I know. Who needs a recipe for oats? Isn't it on the container? Well, of course it is, but I like to add fruits, nuts, etc. to my oats to make them even healthier. Instead of having a fruit cup on the side, why not add it to your oats. The days of adding brown sugar to my oats are long gone. There is a healthier way. Enjoy!
Coach's Oats are not only the best tasting steel cut oats, but also take just a few minutes to cook vs. normal steel cut oats and will satisfy me all morning long. You can add virtually anything to them based on your taste buds (i.e. fruit, nuts, nut butter, ground flax, chia seeds). So, let's begin.
1. Add the water to a small saucepan if you are preparing for just 1 person and bring to a boil.
2. While you are waiting for the water to boil, add the raisins, ground flax and chia seeds to a fairly large bowl.
3. Add sliced banana to the bowl. The bowl will look like a meal even before you add the oats.
4. When the water starts to boil, add the oats, reduce heat to medium and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Although, the Coach's Oats directions state to let it sit for 1 minute, I pour the oats immediately into my bowl covering the bananas, etc.
6. Stir together immediately. The hot oats will soften the banana. I generally chop them up a little while I am stirring.
7. You may need to add some plant based milk to achieve your desired consistency.
I can't stress this enough. It is important to make sure your Coach's Oats are runny. Why? If any of you have experience in using ground flax or chia seeds as an egg substitute or in vegan pudding recipes, then you know the power of those ingredients to soak up liquid. Your journey starts with a great breakfast. Enjoy!